Friday, October 8, 2010

Things I wonder about...

I love how almost every restaurant in Brisbane gives you bottles of water (old wine bottles, converted to water bottles) when you sit down. It's fantastic! The wine here is also very tasty, but like with most things here it's expensive. You can get glasses of wine starting at $7/8, but bottles tend to start around $65 and quickly head into the $100+ and people don't seem to bat an eye at that.  I guess with all of the wineries, people only want quality wine? What I don't get is how people afford to eat and drink here. Minimum wage is about $15/hour here, but I still don't see how they can afford it paying $25 per meal and $18 per drink if you get a cocktail. If anyone knows, please help me understand. =)

1 comment:

  1. EVERYone has a rich boyfriend...that's how I roll. YOU need to get yerself one :)

    ReplyDelete